The manufacturing industry involves the development and testing of new products and processes that meet specific customer requirements. The technical challenges that occur throughout this process, often satisfy the requirements for claiming the benefits allowed by the Grants and tax Credits.
Examples of areas where qualifying R&D activities could exist
- Designing and developing new or improved products.
- Creating prototypes and conducting trial runs of new or improved products.
- Developing tooling and fixtures for new products.
- Conducting durability testing using new materials and equipment.
- Implementing new or improved processes to enhance manufacturing efficiencies.
- Establishing and implementing processes to improve yields and reduce cycle times.