The food and agriculture industry has undergone a process of transformation in order to meet customer demands, including the delivery of fresh, organic products to the end user as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Everyday activities in the agriculture and farming industries may seem necessary to keep the business operational. However, many individuals in the farming and agriculture industry unknowingly engage in R&D activities on a daily basis, which could qualify for a significant tax credit.
Additionally, food and beverage manufacturers conduct research and development activities in a variety of ways.
Examples of areas where qualifying R&D activities could exist
- Precision farming techniques to increase crop yield.
- Flavor development/ingredient formulations for food products.
- Evaluation or experimentation with new feeds and feeding techniques, to improve or increase livestock production.
- Improving manufacturing processes.
- Creating new or improved packaging.
- Developing and testing new products to enhance food quality to satisfy specific requirements.