The agrifood sector faces many challenges, impacting its supply chain from the top ( (agricultural companies), to the bottom (food and drink companies). It is thus one of the most innovative manufacturing sectors.
However, many companies in the agricultural sector unknowingly engage in R&D activities which could be eligible for tax credits or subsidies. The same goes for manufacturers of food and drink products.
Examples of eligible activities:
- Cultivation techniques to increase crop yield;
- Development of flavourings / ingredient formulations for food products;
- Evaluation or experimentation of new foods and feeding techniques to improve or increase animal production;
- Improvement of manufacturing processes;
- Investment in new machines / tools / robotics;
- Creation of new or improved packaging;
- Development of new products to improve food quality in order to meet specific requirements