Companies in this sector undertake many technological challenges that can result in considerable R&D expenditure, for instance: reducing CO2 emissions, improving energy efficiency in industrial processes, finding new energy sources, designing new molecules with innovative physical properties.
Examples of eligible R&D activities:
- Design and development of offshore and submarine structures;
- Production of oil and gas materials;
- Construction of water treatment plants and wastewater treatment systems;
- Designing the optimal solution to connect and abandon a wellhead;
- Development of software applications for internal or external use.